Supply Chain Cost Controller
Reporting to the Global Manufacturing Controller, the Supply Chain Cost Controller will be responsible for assuring that first-rate cost information is provided to Sensient businesses, which drives decision making to improve productivity, growth and efficiency, thus maximizing profitability. Success in this role will require a thorough understanding of all cost elements and the manufacturing process. In addition, this position will be responsible for driving continuous improvement in cost activities across multiple plants and businesses.
We need your talent to be the center of our finance world! Be ready to collaborate in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Put your problem-solving and cost accounting skills to the test.
This position is located in our Hoffman Estates, IL office. - it is not hybrid nor remote.
- Standardize and maintain up-to-date standard costing system across multiple sites
- Lead projects that drive improvement in efficiency, standardization and effectiveness
- Mentor and teach cost accounting personnel in implementing best practices
- Offer world class problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Provide financial leadership working with cross functional work teams
- Manage plant controllers located at several manufacturing locations
- Oversee month end closing processes
- Lead and manage building of plant operating budgets
- Build costing models that calculate work center rates
- Drive cost savings initiatives
- Mine data and build ad hoc analysis for businesses and operations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- 5-7 years of experience in Accounting or Finance in Manufacturing environment
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting strongly recommended and preferred
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Computer literate and functional in the use of integrated business systems/ERP.
- Effective in both verbal and written communication
- Accurate, strong attention to detail and demonstrated superior organizational skills
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office tools (including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, etc.)
- Positive attitude and a willingness to help others
- Ability to travel periodically to manufacturing locations